Like Usain Bolt with a new pair of shoes, the VMware Horizon Client for Mac is faster than ever.
All Horizon Clients now support our faster, more robust update to the Blast Extreme protocol. To take full advantage of it, your administrator will have to be running the latest Horizon agent in the virtual machine. Read more about Blast Extreme Adaptive Transport (or BEAT) here.
Here’s what’s new in VMware Horizon Client for Mac 4.4:
- Touch Bar Biometrics: For those lucky dogs with the latest MacBook Pros with the Touch Bar, we now support biometric authentication using the Touch Bar.
- Touch Bar Customization: We have also customized the Touch Bar with the buttons you are most likely to want in the middle of a virtual desktop session.
- Automatic Check for Updates: Here at VMware, we have been putting great features into every quarterly release. To make sure you get the latest and greatest, we’ve added an automatic check into the client to let you know when there is a new version.
We’re racing to our next release; see you then!
Read more of the latest VMware Horizon news:
- VMware Horizon 7.1 Is GA! What’s New – Part 1
- VMware Horizon 7.1 Is GA! What’s New – Part 2
- Announcing VMware Horizon FLEX 1.10