Just before the beginning of VMworld 2014 VMware announced the rebranding of its owned and operated public Infrastructure as a Service(IaaS) service vCloud Hybrid Service (vCHS) into the more friendly and Apple-like VMware vCloud Air.
This announcement prepared the ground for a couple of new services and features unveiled on-stage last week and summarized as follows:
- vCloud Air Mobile Development Services: VMware introduces a set of pre-validated solutions, specifically focused on the mobile landscape, accessibile from vCloud Air:
- Enterprise Mobility Management: Basically an AirWatch offering born from the recent acquisition of this company from VMware
- Mobile Backend as a Service (mBaaS): An integration layer, based on the services offered from Kinvey, built.io and StrongLoop
- Mobile Application Development Platform (MADP): A set of mobile application development tools based on the platforms offered by Sencha
- Pivotal CF Mobile Services: The newly announced Pivotal CF capabilities aimed towards mobile developers and now offered on vCloud Air
- Rapid Application Delivery: A vCloud Air offering of the deployment and management services from OutSystems