VMware released a maintenance update on VMware workstation version 10.
The following issues are resolved in VMware Workstation 10.0.1.
- Easy Install supports RTM versions of Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 Easy Install now supports RTM versions of Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Workstation or Player on Windows freezes if another application is frozen. Other stuck Windows applications could cause Workstation or Player to freeze while waiting for the application to respond.
- Virtual machine hangs when powering off Rarely, virtual machines will cease functioning (hang) while powering off, particularly if the guest OS was in the middle of a BSOD or kernel panic.
- Improved compatibility with some AMD CPUs Updated masking to match capabilities of certain AMD PileDriver CPUs.
- Virtual machines displayed incorrectly on a multi-monitor Windows host when the displays have differing pixel density (DPI.)
- Boot from CD/DVD when Legacy Floppy is disabled
Release notes are here.
Download VMware workstation here.
A trial of VMware workstation can be downloaded here.