Do you want an easy way to foster end-user adoption of your VMware AirWatch enterprise mobility management (EMM) solution? Consider rebranding the AirWatch product to reflect the unique look and feel of your organization’s brand.
After all, your brand is more than a name—it is an experience. Leverage this experience by changing a few colors in the AirWatch Console to reflect your brand, and allow your solution to piggyback on existing brand equity.
We’re Bringing Branding Back
This post overviews the who, what, when, where, why and how of AirWatch capabilities for rebranding your enterprise mobility solution. After reading, you’ll not only be able to determine if the available capabilities benefit your organization, but also you’ll have a framework for implementation and some practical next steps for configuration and deployment. If you want to learn more, a curated list at the end of the post directs you to additional resources, including a guided hands-on lab.
First, follow our infographic, VMware AirWatch Branding 101, to understand the benefits and how to get started.
World Wide Enterprises Case Study
Now that you’ve covered general branding capabilities and use cases, it’s time to add some context. Consider the impact AirWatch branding capabilities had for World Wide Enterprises, everyone’s favorite fictitious organization.
Putting it All Together
Now that you’ve seen how simple, yet impactful, branding your mobility solution can be, you probably want to learn more about how you can leverage this functionality in your own, real world deployment. If that’s the case, then you are in luck!
If you only have a minute, but would like to learn more:
- Check out the Introduction to Branding Part 1 video for a quick overview of how to configure branding for the AirWatch console, self-service portal and app catalog.
- The Introduction to Branding Part 2 video finalizes the branding overview by showing how to configure SDK Profiles to brand AirWatch apps.
If you want to learn the most in the least amount of time:
Our Hands-On Labs provide a quality learning experience, pairing step-by-step instructions with hands-on exercises.
- Take the Introduction to VMware AirWatch Hands-On Lab. Module 5, “Branding the AirWatch Console, SSP and SCL,” will walk you through how to brand the AirWatch console, self-service portal and AirWatch apps—all in roughly 30 minutes!
If you have time, and want to learn about all available features and settings:
Technical publications does a fabulous job explaining every setting and feature related to branding in a variety of guides available at myAirWatch resources.
- See the MAM Guide for an overview of publishing branding configurations to apps via SDK profiles.
- See the VMware Browser Admin Guide for an overview of Browser SDK branding capabilities.
- See the Mobile Content Management Guide for an overview of Content Locker SDK branding capabilities.
- See the AirWatch Container Admin Guide for an overview of AirWatch Container branding capabilities.
- See the AirWatch iOS SDK Technical Implementation Guide for an overview of developing your own apps using the AirWatch iOS SDK for branding.
Branding your AirWatch console, self-service portal and apps can help unify the look and feel of your environment to match your company brand. This allows a more personal experience for your administrators and users, and highlights your brand for customer-facing devices. The configurations are simple, and the changes impactful. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose by taking advantage of AirWatch branding capabilities.
By Justin Sheets, with contributions from:
Karim Chelouati, Senior Technical Marketing Manager, End-User-Computing Technical Marketing, VMware
Hannah Jernigan, Technical Writer, End User Computing, Mirage Product Marketing, VMware
The post VMware AirWatch EMM Branding Capabilities: Getting Started appeared first on VMware End-User Computing Blog.