Here’s the first edition of our new series, top end-user computing (EUC) news! Sign up at the top of this page to get the weekly newsletter in your inbox every Friday.
The password is …
We released the results of a new VMware survey this week that revealed companies’ top 10 identity and access management (IAM) challenges. At the top of the list, IT and business pros said password management gives them the biggest heebie-jeebies. Here are three big takeaways from the IAM research.
+Watch how to simplify app and access management with VMware Workspace ONE.
Quote of the Week
“The days of being able to secure data sitting on a machine are long gone. Even if you could ensure all devices were properly secured and adhere to corporate standards, you need multiple different tool sets to manage across the different platforms. It’s too complex. Security needs to follow the user, so it can adapt to their context of use—not be tied to individual assets.”
—Dave Grant, vice president of product and technical marketing at VMware, talks securing the digital workspace.
There’s a new Windows 10 on the block.
Microsoft announced the new Windows 10 S operating system (OS), now supported by VMware. With VMware Workspace ONE, you can accelerate and better secure your Windows 10 S deployments, modernize management and redefine the user experience. Decode Windows 10 S here.
+Here’s how to integrate Azure Active Directory (AD) Join with Workspace ONE.
Ever dreamed of being in the CIO Hall of Fame?
This guy is living that dream. CIO.com named Bask Iyer, our CIO for VMware and Dell, to their list of 2017 inductees. Bask drives digital transformation not only for our customers but also for our workforce—from apps to find offices and car charging stations to vending machines for employee technology. Read more about it at VMware Radius and Direct2Dell.
What is micro-segmentation, and what the heck does it have to do with managing endpoints? Get the scoop on VMware NSX, and learn how to integrate the network virtualization and security platform with VMware AirWatch enterprise mobility management.
We’re just days away from the start of a mammoth tech conference—Dell EMC World. If you’ll be in Vegas, make your way to these EUC events next week:
- 1143—memorize that number, and stop by our booth to explore our solutions, see how to simplify the digital workspace with VMware Horizon on VxRail and learn about complete Dell PC management with VMware AirWatch.
- Take a seat in our IT Leadership and Technology track sessions on: Dell Client Command Suite & VMware AirWatch, endpoint security, Windows 10 management and desktop virtualization.
- The next wave of innovation in mobile-cloud technology is here, and our CEO Pat Gelsinger will give you a glimpse Tuesday in his joint session, “Realize Transformation.”
- Dell EMC World, Booth 1143, May 8–11 in Vegas
- Taking GPU-Powered Desktops to the Cloud with VMware & NVIDIA, May 17 online
- Citrix Synergy, Booth 309, May 23-25 in Orlando
- VMware SociaLabs—Horizon 7 & AirWatch, May 23 (San Diego), June 6 (Reston) & June 20 (Halifax)
- Boston Summer VMUG UserCon, June 1
- Unlocking Mobility with Derived Credentials & VMware AirWatch, June 23 online
- VMworld 2017, Aug. 27–31 in Vegas
The post Top EUC News: Password Misery, Windows 10 S & Dell EMC World, Oh My! appeared first on VMware End-User Computing Blog.