Some good Friday the 13th News – the results are Scary Good
VMware commissioned Forrester Consulting to conduct a Total Economic Impact™ (TEI) study and examine the potential return on investment (ROI) enterprises may realize by deploying the tools within its vRealize Intelligent Operations solution. The solution comprises three modules — vRealize Operations, vRealize Log Insight, and vRealize Business for Cloud — and is designed to automate and simplify the performance, troubleshooting, capacity, and configuration management of physical, virtualized, and cloud IT infrastructure.
Download the full study, click here: TEI Case Study
VMware vRealize Intelligent Operations Benefits delivers visibility, efficiency, and performance
With Intelligent Operations, these IT leaders gained visibility across their infrastructure in a single console, which allowed them to balance workloads, troubleshoot issues more efficiently, and improve performance and availability. By upgrading their deployment to include the application monitoring add-on feature to vRealize Operations, Intelligent Operations customers can gain comprehensive visibility across applications and infrastructure via a single unified management tool for their whole environment.
Summary of VMware vRealize Intelligent Operations Benefits:
- A 20% improvement in operational efficiency
- Over 10% savings in hardware costs
- A 75% reduction in unplanned downtime
- Three-Year Risk-Adjusted Results
- ROI: 119%
- Payback: 3Months
- NPV: $1.4M
Based on the customer interviews, Forrester identified and quantified key benefits of investing in VMware’s vRealize Intelligent Operations, including:
- A 20% improvement in operational efficiency. vRealize Operations and Log Insight deliver real-time performance metrics, log analytics, and proactive capacity management that allows for faster incident resolution and compliance monitoring activities. These functionalities ease the workload of the infrastructure operations team, allowing them to complete the same amount of work in less time.
- A 10% savings in hardware costs. vRealize Operations proactively balances workloads across clusters, provides capacity scenario planning capabilities, and both right-sizes and reclaims capacity. This functionality maximizes existing server utilization, reducing not only overall capacity requirements, but also annual growth rates.
- A 75% reduction in unplanned downtime. vRealize Operations alerts operations teams to potential issues, who can then automate an action, such as rebalancing workloads. Log Insight also provides log analytics data that helps pinpoint the root causes of problems, allowing teams to solve them before they become critical errors. Together, vRealize Operations and Log Insight reduce system shutdowns and the ensuing unplanned downtime.
- Insight into costs (not quantified). vRealize Business for Cloud tracks private and public cloud costs, allowing teams to justify their investment, make informed decisions about where to invest, and track costs back to specific departments.
vRealize Operations allows users to:
- Optimize Utilization. Become more efficient by optimizing resource utilization and improving planning and forecasting
- Ensure performance and availability across Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Improve performance, avoid disruption and proactively manage SDDC with integrated performance and health monitoring across compute, network, storage and applications.
- Unify visibility across heterogeneous data centers and multi-cloud environments. Gain comprehensive visibility in a single console across physical, virtual, and public cloud environments with an open and extensible operations management platform.
To learn more, please
- Read the full Forrester case study “The Total Economic Impact of vRealize Intelligent Operations” commissioned by VMware to learn about the benefits, costs, flexibility and risk factors that impact virtual infrastructure operations. To download the study, click here: TEI Case Study.
- Visit the VMware webpage: http://www.vmware.com/products/vrealize-suite.html
- Contact us at: vRealize-Ops@vmware.com
Try our NEW Online Intelligent Operations TEI Estimator for yourself
Get an in-depth estimate of how much you can save by adopting VMware Intelligent Operations via vRealize Suite Standard.
The post Forrester Intelligent Operations Total Economic Impact (TEI) Study for VMware appeared first on VMware Cloud Management.